Saturday, December 22, 2012

My Hero takes baby steps:


I love my Dad's favorite scripture: Alma 37:6-7, "By small and simple things are great things brought to pass.." As a friend mentioned to me today, Who would have thought we would see this scripture really come to life? 
Within the past 4 weeks I, and my family, have gone from not taking an eye off of my mom-- anxiously awaiting any movement, an eye twitch, her tongue move, etc. --to listening to her play "Happy Birthday" on the keyboard, talking to us, and eating real food.
"Happy Birthday" by Sister McKee

To see this was, indeed a small and simple thing, but it was such a great, great thing for my Mom. My mom is my hero! To suffer a heart attack and 2 strokes and be able to have the strength and  determination to work hard and continue to grow stronger. I don't know how her and my Dad do all they do, but what I do know is that I was blessed with amazing parents. 
Chords by Sister McKee

I know that this is just a small step for my mom. She still has a mountain to climb, and I know she will climb it. And she will climb it with a smile! My family and I have been so blessed, and continue to be as we see Heavenly Fathers plan, for us and my mom, unfold each day. Thank you for you all of your prayers. The power of prayer is incredible, and I know that God hears all of those. Thank you for continuing to pray as we all know this is a long journey for Sister McKee. As I left her hospital room last night, she told me, "Drive safe." I'm greatful for the love she shows me, and lessons she teaches even in her hospital bed. 

"Let us never despair, for the work in which we are engaged is the work of the Lord. It has been said, “The Lord shapes the back to bear the burden placed upon it." President Thomas S. Monson

"When the Saint go Marching On" by Sister McKee

Angie McKee

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting these clips. Wonderful to hear your Mom play as she "climbs the mountain". What a wonderful tribute you and your brothers and sisters are to your parents. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love clasical music from the masters, but this is the finest music I have ever listened to. Thanks Angie for shairing this with us. We wish we were there to help.

    Love, The Packers

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOORAY!!! Sister McKee's performances have touched our hearts and warmed our souls today. Just look how strong she is when she plays as compared to some of the other activities you've described that have remained difficult! Such a testimony of the power of music to heal, and the power of Sister McKee's strong spirit.
    Love, The Abel Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh Angie, thank you sweetheart for sharing your testimony and recordings of your dear mother's gift.
    I agree with you they are amazing parents.
    I look forward to meeting you and the other McKee's who have joined the family since 1989 (when I last saw your folks).
    Thank you again.
    Love & prayers

    ReplyDelete